Sausage Brunch Braid
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese, green onion and parsley; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Unroll crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon sausage mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 3/4-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 249 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 14, 2016
Just delicious! I added 4 scrambled eggs and used 1/2 pound of sausage, will be making again and again!
Dec 8, 2015
Very tasty.. I served it for supper with sauteed cabbage... My only suggestions is to use the solid roll of crescent roll dough. Those slippery little perforations always get away from me!
Dec 3, 2015
Beautiful presentation. I made exactly as directed, and it was tasty....but as other people mentioned, next time I would tweak a bit more to our family's taste. Overall, easy and impressive recipe!
Oct 31, 2015
Very good, next time I make this, I'll use less meat and add some precooked scrambled eggs. It was also very easy to prepare and I used sausage I had already cooked and had in the freezer, just got it out the night before to thaw. I cut up the vegetables the night before as well, so a sincth to put together.
Nov 5, 2014
I started making this for Christmas morning years ago! My family loved it so now it's a weekend staple but we still have it every Christmas morning as well!!
Jan 21, 2014
I have made this for years and we continue to love it! Thank you for sharing.
Jul 28, 2013
This recipe is so awesome and customizable. I added habaneros and jalepenos for my husband who loves spice. Omitted the celery because I don't like it. The bottom of the crust was a tad soggy so I will bake the next loaf 5 minutes longer or try baking on parchment paper.
Dec 16, 2012
I've made this braid several times, and everyone really loves it!
Dec 25, 2011
Loved this recipe! It is truly the best brunch braid I've ever tasted. I modified the recipe to include scrambled eggs. I used only 6 oz. pork sausage and substituted the celery with 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms. After cooking sausage and vegetables, I pushed to one side of pan and added egg mixture (mix 4 eggs, 1/4 c. milk, A dash or aprox. 1/4 tsp. of hot chili sauce, 1 tsp. dried parsley instead of fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped green onion, salt & pepper to taste) I then added-- 2 oz. of cream cheese, cubed to pan. Allow egg mixture to partially set and then stir together with sausage and vegetables. Fantastic flavor and easy to make. My teenage son loved this and even asked for seconds.
Dec 25, 2011
Great! I have made this many times and it's always a hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.