Makeover Chicken ‘n’ Broccoli Braid
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; press together, forming a 15x12-in. rectangle. Seal seams and perforations. Spoon filling lengthwise down the center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut dough 3 in. toward the center at 1-1/2-in. intervals, forming strips. Bring one strip from each side over filling; pinch ends to seal. Repeat. Pinch ends of loaf to seal.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 338 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 21, 2013
Fantastic! The best part of this dish was the flaky crust of the braid mixed with the chicken and veggies! The kids loved this one more than most others because of the braid.
Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012
For a completely healthy option, this braid is amazing! I didn't use the full 2 tsp of dill weed and I still felt it was overwhelming, next time I will use much less and probably through in a couple of other flavors as well to tone it down a little bit. I think the dill compliments the flavor but too much is not a good thing! Will make this again.
Jan 6, 2012
I loved making and eating this. Next time I would only use about 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed rather than 2 teaspoons.
Jun 20, 2011
So I don't think I would make this again. Wasn't bad wasn't good. If I did make it again I would leave the dill out. Found out that my husband and son don't like dill.
Jun 3, 2011
Tastes good but definitely did not bake all the way in 20 mins. The middle was doughy. So leave it in a little longer
Apr 5, 2011
I'm 25 years old, but just learning how to cook. I know, sad. Anyway, I made this tonight with the help of my mother and best friend, and it was DELICIOUS! Can't wait to eat the leftovers! :)
May 19, 2010
The first time I made this recipe I cut it in 1/2 as I only had 1 can of crecent rolls and I used left over turkey instead of chicken breast. I used roasted red pepper from a jar. My husband and I had a serving each for dinner and we couldn't wait to have the remainder for lunch the next day. It is very eye appealing and delicious day 1 and as reheated leftovers the next day.
Feb 6, 2010
I recently joined Weight Watchers and I am looking for meals that I can eat that my family will like too. This is certainly one of them!!
Jul 14, 2009
This is sooo great! I tastes to good to not be that bad for you!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.