- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Cut eggplant into 1/2-in. slices. In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Place salad dressing in another bowl. Dip eggplant into salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Eggplant Slices
"Made this recipe tonight exactly as written on this website. I will not give this recipe any stars because it was awful. The salad dressing to dip vegetable does not give it a good taste, it makes the slices of eggplant caustic, even bothering our stomach. This is the first time I have ever left a recipe review. Do not use the salad dressing to dip the eggplant in it. Would be better to dip it in milk and egg."
"Not certain if I would make this again. It was a healthier option. Would add marinara for dipping."
"These breaded eggplant slices so good that they taste like they are fried without all the fat,will be making these again,and made just like the recipe was written!:)Thanks for sharing!!!"
"This was good. I used the fat free Zesty Italian Dressing."
"This was an excellent way to prepare eggplant. It was so easy. I used regular italian dressing. My husband and I really enjoyed it. Very tasty! Thanks!"