Bottoms-Up Cherry Limeade
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters lime carbonated water, chilled
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 8 lime slices
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and sugar substitute. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir carbonated water into lime juice mixture.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon cherry juice in a glass. Add crushed ice and about 1 cup of lime juice mixture. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lime slice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 52 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
May 15, 2013
Very refreshing! I used almost 1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice, regular sugar & sprite in place of carbonated water. I will no longer buy frozen concentrates or drink mixes for my lime &/or lemonades.
Jul 3, 2012
I liked it however I used regular sugar not the substitue. It was too sweet for me. I would cut the regular sugar to 1/2 cup next time.
Sep 16, 2011
My daughter loves Cherry Limeade so I made this for her birthday and it is amazing. I have made several times since. Instead of the carbonated water, I used Key Lime Sparkling Water from Walmart and also used diet Sprite.
Jul 24, 2008
This is the best summer drink ever !
May 23, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.