Blueberry Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups soy or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 264 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 30, 2018
Easy to make and easy directions to use. I am going to make this blueberry corn bread again.
Feb 25, 2018
Delicious! I was surprised how moist this corn bread was. I also sprinkled a little sugar on top before baking. Will definitely make again. Will try as muffins next time.
Jul 27, 2017
I hope this came up as 5 stars.. I made this for lunch today, my son has been begging for cornbread and on recommendation of a fellow field editor , we tried it.Moist, not too sweet and cake like.. I doubled the recipe, added a bit of vanilla extract and replaced some of the sugar with honey. Hubby even liked it and he doeant care for cornbread. My 8 year old had 4 huge pieces. Thanks!!!!
Jul 26, 2017
This corn bread was sweet and moist ...... like a vanilla cake with cornmeal in it! The blueberries added a nice fruity bite ..... I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the recipe and it was truly delicious. Next time I make this I want to add grated lemon rind. Will make this again, for sure!