Blueberry Corn Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups soy or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 264 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2018
Easy to make and easy directions to use. I am going to make this blueberry corn bread again.
Feb 25, 2018
Delicious! I was surprised how moist this corn bread was. I also sprinkled a little sugar on top before baking. Will definitely make again. Will try as muffins next time.
Jul 27, 2017
I hope this came up as 5 stars.. I made this for lunch today, my son has been begging for cornbread and on recommendation of a fellow field editor , we tried it.Moist, not too sweet and cake like.. I doubled the recipe, added a bit of vanilla extract and replaced some of the sugar with honey. Hubby even liked it and he doeant care for cornbread. My 8 year old had 4 huge pieces. Thanks!!!!
Jul 26, 2017
This corn bread was sweet and moist ...... like a vanilla cake with cornmeal in it! The blueberries added a nice fruity bite ..... I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the recipe and it was truly delicious. Next time I make this I want to add grated lemon rind. Will make this again, for sure!