Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bacon bits, divided
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, onions, garlic and 1/4 cup bacon bits. Stuff into mushroom caps, a scant tablespoonful in each.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 55 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Aug 9, 2015
So much flavor and simple to make! The perfect side dish or appetizer!
Jan 22, 2015
Recipe has great flavors and easy to make. Will be making these for Super Bowl!
Jan 11, 2015
Honestly these are perfect as is and I mean PERFECT! We have added these to our favorites list and make them about once a month now!
Jul 16, 2014
These were a hit with everyone in my family, even those that came not to like mushrooms! I love stuffed mushrooms but most recipes have so many steps that I rarely make them because it just adds to time in the kitchen for an appetizer. These went together very quickly and tasted great to boot.
Dec 26, 2013
These mushrooms were easy and delicious. I even forgot to put in the garlic. I think they would even taste better. I will make them again and again.
Oct 22, 2013
These were AWESOME! I made two batches and brought them to a party. They were gobbled up in no time. Will definitely make again!!
Sep 10, 2013
Feb 1, 2012
These were amazing! Made them for Christmas Eve and everyone Loved them! Super easy to make and tasteful! Will make again and again!!
Nov 7, 2011
These are a favorite in our group of friends. I have made them twice in the past week for different parties! I have a feeling they will be a permanent staple at all our events...easy and delicious. Time saver too because you can assemble early in the day, then just cook them before serving!
Oct 12, 2011
I love stuffed mushrooms and this recipe had such an elegant twist. I served these with a risotto verde and herbed scones. They we deliciously meaty and everyone loved them!