- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt. Spread half of the mixture over four toast slices. Layer with bacon, salad greens, tomatoes and avocado. Spread remaining mayonnaise over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBLT with Peppered Balsamic Mayo
"Such a simple twist on a basic recipe that makes it oh so special. Yum!"
"Yummy!!! Love BLTs... the balsamic mayo added a nice twist, as did the avacado. Will definitely make again."
"This combination was amazing! Bacon is my absolute favorite and the dressing just makes this sandwich pop! The combination of vegetables is perfect."
"I made these with Morningstar Farms veggie bacon and they were a huge hit! Definitely a keeper."
"This was so good. Even my daughter that hates everything loved this!!!"
"Loved this recipe! It was the first one that really caught my eye when I was looking through my magazine. The peppered balsamic mayo is sooo good and I'm already thinking of other ways to use it... It was a very nice complement to a regular BLT along with the avocados which added a nice creaminess. These were a great light summer meal along with a bowl of gazpacho!"
"Good recipe. I really liked it and my husband LOVED it. Very simple to make and using light wheat, light mayo and center cut bacon cut a lot of the fat. Will make again!"
"Made these last night. Loved the mayo! Thanks!"