- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, mix butter, chives and garlic. Shape into 3-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Cover and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut the butter mixture crosswise into six pieces; place one piece in center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. Combine cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Dip the chicken into buttermilk; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBest Chicken Kiev
"I really like this..."
"Loved it, you can double it easily and I plan on making it for my extended family over the Holidays..Judy, thanks for giving me the idea and a chance to cook at xmas. K"
"Wonderful, easy, and elegant. I served it with fresh steamed asparagus and a rice pilaf."
"I made it today. It is definitely a keeper. My wife and I enjoyed it."
"I would indeed make this recipe again. It's excellent and should be dealt with as such."
"Explain how to get 6 3 X 1/2 in pieces out of this butter??? I can get 4."