- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss beef with herbs, pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas; top with onion and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeef Pitas with Yogurt Sauce
"I thought these had great flavor! I will definitely be making these again."
"My hubs and I had this just last night. I used a red onion instead of a white just for contrast. I used my own dried herbs instead of fresh and they worked out just fine. Just remember that dried measurements are different than fresh measurements. It was very, very good and I know we'll have it again."
"Yum! Instead of pitas, I used little whole wheat pita sandwich breads cause pitas were not available at my grocery store."
"This is delicious and pairs VERY well with the Greek Vegetable salad also available on TOH.com. (0="
"The recipe calls for 4t oil, divided, but doesn't say where to put 2 of the teaspoons. I put it in the bag with the meat and it was great. I also added chopped cucumber to the sauce and it was a nice addition."