VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix and milk; stir until a soft ball forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining biscuit mix. Pour into crust. Spoon tomatoes over top. Combine eggs and cheese; pour over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with chili sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p195
Reviews forBeef and Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 1, 2017