VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili sauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix and milk; stir until a soft ball forms. Turn onto a floured surface;e knead 5 times. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining biscuit mix. Pour into crust. Spoon tomatoes over top. Combine eggs and cheese; pour over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with chili sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p195
Reviews forBeef and Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 1, 2017