- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Discard toothpicks. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Chicken Burritos
"So good. My family loved this dish!"
"This recipe is simple but well balanced. A squeeze of lime just before wrapping them up offsets the sugar in the barbecue sauce, and the burritos, while filling, are pretty light, because of all the vegetables."
"Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but we thought this was good, but not great. I thought it was too much green pepper, not enough chicken, and lacked some ingredient (haven't figure out what yet). I also didn't think it needed 2 tbsp of oil at the end to brown the burritos, maybe more like 1 tbsp or just some cooking spray. Also, I think next time I will drain the chicken/onion/pepper mixture before adding in the BBQ sauce. The water/oil from the pan thinned out the sauce (so our burritos were dripping everywhere). I'm really going to need to tweak this the next time I do it. I will say that it was very quick, easy and different from normal burritos."
"Absolutely delicious!! And different too!"
"We loved this dish, not hard to make! We highly recommend chicken Burritos!"
"Did them with my friend. While eating i was crying. It was so tasty that i didnt had any words to say. I just cried."
"These are now my son's favorite burritos!"
"This was fantastic :) Added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and some honey to make it sweeter."