Barbecue Beef Kabobs
My husband and boys love this kabob recipe because it's delicious, and I love it because it's fast and easy. —Karen Engstrom, Glasgow, Montana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, salad dressing, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain. Drain and discard marinade. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Serve with rice if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 292 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Barbecue Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009
Jun 16, 2013
These kabobs were very good. I will be making this again.
Jul 8, 2010
Made this last night for supper. The whole family loved it! Full of flavor, I will definitely make it again.