- 1 large English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Cucumber Salad
"I loved this salad!!! To make it a true Greek salad, I added pitted Kalamata olives. I used chopped green onions instead of red because I prefer them. The recipe had no vinaigrette recipe--my recipe is 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil, 2T balsamic vinegar, 1 T honey, 1 t. dijon mustard, salt & pepper to taste. I actually doubled the vinaigrette recipe so I would have extra to use for the next batch or for a salad."
"I peel most of the skin, cut lengthwise twice intoquarters, then 1/2 inch chunks. Much easier to gracefully eat than a slice. I also marinate in balsamic, a little water & fresh ground pepper for a day or two. Great for a healthy snack, too!"
"Very healthy recipes looks good thank you for sharing"
"I make this often and use red onions.Many types of onions are sweet if you know how to pick them out.I look for flattened orbs for the most sweetness. : )"
"easy and delicious! Especially yummy with garden fresh cukes, tomatoes, and walla walla sweet onions."