- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken. Top with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Swiss Chicken
"Outrageous! This dish is DELISH! I doubled the sauce ~ I know my teenager and sauces. He's on his third helping as I write this so THAT was clearly the right call. I didn't have croutons. I decided to forge ahead anyway. I'm sure it's FAB with the croutons, but honestly, it was a total home run without them.I used white cooking wine since I didn't have a nice white on hand. Next time I may try Vermouth as I love cooking with that and I think this dish would be super with it.I served this with wild rice and steamed broccoli. I was going to keep each side item separated on the plate, but it eventually got mushed together it was amazing! This is EXCELLENT! MAKE IT. It's the RIGHT thing to do."
"Extremely easy to make. Excellent taste. Will make this again soon"
"Was hoping it tasted as good as it smelled cooking...It did! My husband was so impressed. Will be making this dish again soon!"
"Great delicious and easy meal to fix - it's a regular at our house."
"I have been making this for years, so I wasn't surprised to see it appear in TOH!! This is my go to recipe for an easy, delicious chicken dish suitable for guests or family!, it was not thing I made sure both of my children knew how to make before they went off to college, and now it is their go to dish, too!"