- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add dry soup mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Stir in canned soup, rice and sausage mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forBaked Rice with Sausage
"Very good! One of my family's favorites!"
"When I made this recipe it definetly didn't look like the picture. The sausage had a good flavor but it was a tad too salty for me."
"This is healthy, quick, and simple recipe that has become a family favorite. "My Sausage Stuff" is requested for all large family gatherings, even when turkey/stuffing or meat/potatoes are the main course. I've been making it for several years (the first time was the only single batch) and occasionally I'll tweak it with sweet sausage or turkey sausage."
"Wrote comments before but the stars did not show up at the time to rate it."
"Took a chance and made this for the first time to take to a covered dish dinner with some girlfriends. I liked it OK but got so many compliments and none was left. One friend said it tasted just like the one her Grandma used to make, so that was quite the compliment. My husband loves it too so yes, will definitely make it again. The only change that I made was to chop the celery instead of slicing, since I am not that fond of the celery, but love the flavor that it adds to dishes."
"I left out the creamed soup due to a gluten sensitivity and it was really delicious! Will definitely make it again!"
"This is really quite tasty. It makes a lot, so we had a couple of meals and a couple of lunches out of it. If you need to watch your sodium, this is not the recipe for you. 771 mg of sodium per 1 cup serving - that's a lot."