Bacon Cheese Poppers
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, bacon, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon zest and chili powder. Spoon into pepper halves. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2013
If you clean your Jalapenos under cold running water you will avoid the burn of your skin....Absolutely Amazing and very Delicious
Feb 7, 2012
My husband, 6 boys, relatives and myself can't seem to get enough of these jalapenos! The are beyond amazing! It's a little effort to prepare but well worth it. I get the men in the family to do the cutting and seeding of the jalapenos. Enjoy!
Nov 1, 2011
Bacon is vegetarian????
Aug 18, 2011
NOT vegetarian. Wrong category