Bacon Cheese Poppers
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 16 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sour cream or ranch salad dressing
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheeses, bacon, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon zest and chili powder. Spoon into pepper halves. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
May 5, 2013
If you clean your Jalapenos under cold running water you will avoid the burn of your skin....Absolutely Amazing and very Delicious
Feb 7, 2012
My husband, 6 boys, relatives and myself can't seem to get enough of these jalapenos! The are beyond amazing! It's a little effort to prepare but well worth it. I get the men in the family to do the cutting and seeding of the jalapenos. Enjoy!
Nov 1, 2011
Bacon is vegetarian????
Aug 18, 2011
NOT vegetarian. Wrong category