Jalapeno Popper Pocket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and peppers.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a 13-in. square. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread one half with chicken mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold remaining half over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg. Cut slits in pastry. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 237 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2019
I made some slight changes to this. I never buy rotisserie chicken since I buy my chicken breasts in 10 pound bags. Therefore, I just cooked up a couple of breast halves and chopped them fine. Second, I couldn't find puff pastry sheets but I could get phyollo dough so I used that. We loved it. Although, next time I may use puff pastry shells or even phyollo shells depending on what I can find. The filling would stay the same.