Bacon-Cheddar Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat Ritz crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/3 cup plus 8 teaspoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, crackers, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves; place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top each with a half-strip of bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 23, 2013
Great recipe! I accidently used smoked pepper instead of regular and my family loved it. They don't want me to use my old meatloaf recipe any more.
Jan 14, 2013
This Recipe has everything you love and is so easy to fix.
Sep 8, 2011
Very tasty! I made a change in the recipe and used ground bison instead of ground beef, and it was delicious! My whole family loved this recipe. I will definitely be making these again!
Jan 29, 2011
Really tasty! My husband love them!!
Mar 18, 2010
The whole family loves it!
Sep 4, 2009
Love this...my husband now has me make a double recipes for extra leftovers.
Dec 17, 2008
This meat loaf was DELICIOUS for something a bit different if you like meat loaf. My entire family loved it and I will definitely make it again! Easy AND delicious!!