Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos
Take these cheesy, fiery appetizers straight to the grill so you can add a touch of smoke. We pass them with bowls of guacamole and sour cream. —Wayne Barnes, Montgomery, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 jalapeno peppers (3 inches)
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- Guacamole and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar and cream cheese. Cut and discard tops from jalapenos; remove seeds. Fill each with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Wrap each with a bacon piece; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. If desired, serve with guacamole and sour cream.