Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos
Take these cheesy, fiery appetizers straight to the grill so you can add a touch of smoke. We pass them with bowls of guacamole and sour cream. —Wayne Barnes, Montgomery, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 jalapeno peppers (3 inches)
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- Guacamole and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar and cream cheese. Cut and discard tops from jalapenos; remove seeds. Fill each with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Wrap each with a bacon piece; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. If desired, serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as STUFFED JALAPENOS in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.