Au Gratin Ham Potpie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, contents of sauce mix and water. Stir in the peas and carrots, ham, soup, mushrooms, milk, sour cream and pimientos. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. round baking dish.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish; place over potato mixture. Flute edges; cut slits in pastry. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 434 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1548mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
May 14, 2016
Delicious and simple to make! I made mine even easier. I used TWO deep dish pie crusts (pre made frozen), doubled the recipe, used frozen mixed veggies. I added ingredients to the bottom crust, heavily rounding the top, then gently adding the second pie crust to the top, crimping edges. Covered the top with the pie tin for 30 or so minutes to prevent over browning then removed it the last 25-35 minutes. As I used more ingredients, I cooked at 350 for the first half and then 400 the remainder of time.
Mar 11, 2013
So yummy and had to double recipe to feed my family of five because my young kids love it so much!!
Jul 28, 2012
we loved it, and so easy to make.
Apr 4, 2012
YUMMY!!! This is the first potpie I have ever made and it was great! I used 2 cups frozen mixed veggies, because I wanted more veggies in it. I also added pepper, onion powder, and a little salt. This is a simple and delicious potpie.
Dec 22, 2011
This was really good and took just minutes to put together.
Sep 18, 2011
Definitely a keeper!!!!
Jun 17, 2011
This was so easy. Took almost no time to prepare and was very tasty.
Feb 13, 2011
This was very simple and tasted great! I think we liked it even better the next day. I doubled the recipe and made two pot pies (we're a family of 9) and we're not into peas so I just used a bag of frozen corn instead. It was very yummy! Do be sure to let the potatoes set in the hot water for a little while, I did mine but not quite long enough which left them a little chewy, but still good!
Dec 13, 2009
very good and very easy
Feb 24, 2008
Try with DEBUQUE brand canned ham - make sure to rinse ham before using ! Also try different flavoring or AuGratin potatoes !