Asparagus Pasta ‘n’ Salmon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and leeks in oil with until asparagus is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, dill and lemon juice until smooth; stir into asparagus mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Serve with salmon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2011
Superb! Even my kids loved it. I will definitely make it again. I cooked 1.75 pounds of salmon for 5 people and it wasn't quite enough. The pasta dish was plentiful with 1 pound of bows.