- 3 Japanese eggplants (about 1 pound)
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplants, tomatoes, peppers and onion into 3/4-in. pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, thyme, capers, oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining Creole seasoning. Transfer chicken to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spoon vegetable mixture over top. Drizzle wine over vegetables.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forArtichoke Ratatouille Chicken
"I have never had Ratatouille before, nor made it myself, but I love experimenting with different dishes.This is a definite keeper and repeater in my books. It is so delish!"
"I disagree with the word "speedy" in the description; nothing that takes an hour-and-a-half is speedy. However, this was very good and fresh-tasting. I used half a box of frozen artichoke hearts and mozzarella cheese instead of the asiago. Since Japanese eggplant wasn't available at my local grocery store I substituted zucchini. Next time I may add quartered fresh mushrooms as well. I prepared a half-recipe for the two of us, which made four generous servings when served over pasta."