Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds sweet Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the beans, green peppers, onion, shallots and garlic in butter and oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and allspice. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sausage and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup (calculated without rice): 168 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 20, 2013
I just used this as a general guideline and changed it to what I had in the garden. It was really good!
Jul 7, 2013
I love that its a fast recipe, looks pretty with all the colors of vegetables and taste good.
Aug 8, 2012
Very tasty! I used hot Italian sausage instead, and cut out the red pepper flakes. This is an excellent dish for utilizing stuff grown in your garden!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.