Whenever I serve this pie, someone at the table usually asks for a second piece. It has old-fashioned goodness and a delicious, crunchy topping. —Arnold Beatley, Portola, California
Recommended: 52 Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; place in crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, raisins, butter, egg and remaining sugar; spoon over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Raisin Pie in Reminisce February/March 2011, p52
Reviews forApple Raisin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2014
"This recipe is so simple to make and is delicious! Next time I make it, I'm going to add cranberries to it for a twist."