My family and I love apples any time of the year, but right now they are crisp, juicy and absolutely perfect! I found a blondie recipe similar to this and did a little bit of tweaking to make it our own. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 small apples (about 9 ounces), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread all but 1/4 cup batter into a greased and floured 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with apple slices; dot with remaining batter. Sprinkle with peanuts. Bake until golden brown and center is set, 22-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Peanut Blondies in Taste of Home September/October 2017