- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or unsweetened apple juice, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8-in. square baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides.
- Whisk together the first five ingredients. Add apples and beer; mix just until blended (do not overmix; batter will be thick). Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Lifting with parchment paper, immediately remove cake from pan. Brush all sides with melted butter. Cool. Meanwhile, combine all icing ingredients. Spread or drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple Fritter Cake
"Tastes just like apple fritters! I used apple juice instead of beer. Delicious!"
"As a rule, I generally wait for a recipe to be reviewed before I make it. Unfortunately, I did not follow my own rule this time. I followed this recipe to a T and was disappointed with the final result. Extremely dense and not flavorful in any way. It seemed toe that the fourth of a cup of sugar was too little and I was correct. This has no sweetness to it, save the icing drizzle. I used room temp MGD, so maybe that was the problem? Anyway, maybe I will tweak it and/or come back to see how others tweak it but, as written, we did not care for this."