Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream): 443 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2014
"Delicious!!!" That's the best word to describe this recipe. Being able to make it in the slow cooker was great idea. The only thing I changed well added was a little nutmeg.
Mar 30, 2013
This was a big hit with the family at Christmas.it is now requested for every family gathering we have big or small.I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and it still turned out great