This ruby-red gelatin is a festive addition to your holiday spread. Cinnamon red-hot candies add a unique flavor.—Suzy Horvath, Gladstone, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Place gelatin in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine water and candies. Cook and stir until candies are dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Stir into gelatin. Stir in cold water.
- Set aside 1 cup gelatin mixture; let stand at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining gelatin until set but not firm. Fold in apples; pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in reserved gelatin; carefully spoon over apple layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter.
To Make Ahead: Gelatin can be made a day in advance and unmolded a few hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 212 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Favorite Thanksgiving Gelatin Cream Cheese Mold in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010