Apple Cider Smash
A smash is a fruity and chilled cocktail—very refreshing. It's a great use for those apples you bought from the orchard plus some sparking cider. —Moffat Frazier, New York, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped Gala or other red apples (about 2 small)
- 2 cups finely chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 small)
- 2-1/2 cups bourbon
- 2/3 cup apple brandy
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 5-1/3 cups chilled sparkling apple cider
- In a bowl, toss apples to combine. In a small pitcher, mix bourbon, brandy and lemon juice.
- To serve, fill each of 16 rocks glasses halfway with ice. To each, add 1/4 cup apple mixture and 3 tablespoons bourbon mixture; top with 1/3 cup cider.