Apple Cider Smash
A smash is a fruity and chilled cocktail—very refreshing. It's a great use for those apples you bought from the orchard plus some sparking cider. —Moffat Frazier, New York, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped Gala or other red apples (about 2 small)
- 2 cups finely chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 small)
- 2-1/2 cups bourbon
- 2/3 cup apple brandy
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 5-1/3 cups chilled sparkling apple cider
- In a bowl, toss apples to combine. In a small pitcher, mix bourbon, brandy and lemon juice.
- To serve, fill each of 16 rocks glasses halfway with ice. To each, add 1/4 cup apple mixture and 3 tablespoons bourbon mixture; top with 1/3 cup cider.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Cider Smash in Taste of Home November 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.