Angel Food French Toast
Light and airy and drenched in flavor, this is truly something extra special for the mom in your life. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 prepared loaves angel food cake, cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup clementine segments
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of cake in egg mixture. Place in skillet; cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining slices.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, sugar and remaining vanilla; set aside. In the microwave, melt the jelly.
- To serve, arrange toast slices on a platter. Top with sour cream mixture and fruit; drizzle with melted jelly. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 248 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Angel Food French Toast with Sour Cream and fruit in Fruit (formerly known as Juicy) 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.