Angel Food French Toast
Light and airy and drenched in flavor, this is truly something extra special for the mom in your life. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 prepared loaves angel food cake, cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup clementine segments
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of cake in egg mixture. Place in skillet; cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining slices.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, sugar and remaining vanilla; set aside. In the microwave, melt the jelly.
- 3. To serve, arrange toast slices on a platter. Top with sour cream mixture and fruit; drizzle with melted jelly. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
1 slice: 248 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC