Almond Meringue Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine confectioner's sugar and sugar. Gradually add to egg white mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in ground almonds.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #8 star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 8, 2017
First time I’ve ever had to throw away before even cooking...A total disaster! Sounded like a simple recipe, but never could get egg whites to stiffen up, just a soupy mess. Started troubleshooting & discovered whites should be room temperature and weather even had an impact on success.
Oct 20, 2012
Why is this in the low carb section???