I make these buttery mint cookies each Christmas because they're my daughter's favorite. Use whatever cookie cutter design you prefer.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peppermint candies (about 25 pieces), finely crushed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red or green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into shapes with a floured 2-1/2-in. star cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, milk and extract; stir until smooth. Tint with food coloring if desired. Spread over cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 84 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.