Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; stir in peppermint candies. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with candies.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 222 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 16, 2016
Really, really, good!
Jan 3, 2016
I made these for my family and they raved over them. The peppermint is a perfect amount, not too overwhelming.
Jan 8, 2011
Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.