Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla and 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; stir in peppermint candies. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with candies.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 222 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 15, 2019
I made these as written without any changes. They were very fudgy and had a subtle peppermint flavor. I plan to make this recipe again.
Dec 17, 2018
These brownies are wonderful! The hardest part of the recipe was smashing the candies. ??
Dec 16, 2016
Really, really, good!
Jan 3, 2016
I made these for my family and they raved over them. The peppermint is a perfect amount, not too overwhelming.
Jan 8, 2011
Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard.