Peppermint-Fudge Brownie Mix
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour, cocoa, sugar, chocolate chips and peppermint candies, pressing down to fit if needed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, until blended. Gradually add brownie mix, mixing well. If desired, stir in walnuts. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2014
I made these brownies and they were very good. I thought the peppermint flavor could have been stronger, though. My friend tried putting the ingredients indicated in a quart jar and they didn't fit!