Frozen Peppermint Delight
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (14.30 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 containers (1-1/2 quarts each) peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze until solid. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with peppermint candy.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 2, 2020
Good easy dessert.
Dec 23, 2019
I make this every year and it's always a hit. Great for work or church potlucks, family dinners etc. So simple but delicious. Teryn69 your review was not helpful, because it was not a review... See what I did there?
Dec 20, 2019
In the same thought process, crush oreos into individual bowls, top with peppermint ice cream, next cool whip, hot fudge and some crushed candy canes. Voila. A recipe? This is not a recipe. It's prepared items thrown together. It's not even almost "homemade".
Aug 16, 2019
I have made this for the last 2 Christmas parties, its a big hit with my family!
Oct 13, 2018
Really easy, make-ahead idea, but the Oreo crust is so sweet it's a turn-off.
Dec 24, 2017
I made for a dinner party around Christmas. We all enjoyed (adults and kids), and folks especially liked the peppermint ice ream/chocolate combo. I added some roughly chopped oreos to the ice cream as well.
Jan 21, 2015
This was fantastic!
Sep 7, 2014
A terrific holiday dessert everyone young to old will love. I've been making this for years, and it's always a hit! Love the flavors of peppermint and chocolate together.
Dec 31, 2013
It was good, but the cool whip needed a little texture in it for me. Next time I will use plan chocolate cookie wafers instead of the oreo type cookie. I would probably add some finely crushed peppermint candies to the cool whip. We all liked it and I will make it again.
Dec 28, 2011
This is my most requested recipe. We love it.