Frozen Peppermint Delight
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (14.30 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 containers (1-1/2 quarts each) peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze until solid. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with peppermint candy.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 16, 2019
I have made this for the last 2 Christmas parties, its a big hit with my family!
Oct 13, 2018
Really easy, make-ahead idea, but the Oreo crust is so sweet it's a turn-off.
Dec 24, 2017
I made for a dinner party around Christmas. We all enjoyed (adults and kids), and folks especially liked the peppermint ice ream/chocolate combo. I added some roughly chopped oreos to the ice cream as well.
Jan 21, 2015
This was fantastic!
Sep 7, 2014
A terrific holiday dessert everyone young to old will love. I've been making this for years, and it's always a hit! Love the flavors of peppermint and chocolate together.
Dec 31, 2013
It was good, but the cool whip needed a little texture in it for me. Next time I will use plan chocolate cookie wafers instead of the oreo type cookie. I would probably add some finely crushed peppermint candies to the cool whip. We all liked it and I will make it again.
Dec 28, 2011
This is my most requested recipe. We love it.
Dec 26, 2011
This was very simple to make. One thing--make sure the entire container of ice cream or Cool Whip is thoroughly thawed, or else there will be lumps when you try to spread it, and the layer below will be torn up. I used mint chocolate chip ice cream for a grasshopper-style dessert. Also I used chocolate graham crackers per the earlier comment. They worked well but were rather crumbly. I think the cream filling would help the crust hold together better.
Dec 21, 2011
Easy and delicious! Family members have also made it.
Jul 10, 2011
<p>I didn't actually make this recipe, but make one very similar. I just want to add the idea of using chocolate graham crackers rather than the filled cookies to not add the really bad for you filling. I know, they're yummy, but...</p>