Air-Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Strips
I love the flavor profile of everything bagels, so I recreated it with traditional breaded chicken fingers. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. —Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 1 day-old everything bagel, torn
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Pulse torn bagel in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Place 1/2 cup bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl; toss with panko, cheese and pepper flakes. (Discard or save remaining bagel crumbs for another use.)
- In a microwave-safe shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere. Spray air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer in fryer basket.
- Working in batches if needed, cook 7 minutes; turn chicken over. Continue cooking until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 269 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Nov 6, 2019
I didn't have an everything bagel but used a regular bagel and then 1 T. of my favorite Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. They were so good. Made a Ranch/Sriracha dipping sauce. Will certainly make often.