Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Strips
I love the flavor profile of everything bagels, so I recreated it with traditional breaded chicken fingers. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. —Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 1 day-old everything bagel, torn
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Pulse torn bagel in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Place 1/2 cup bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl; toss with panko, cheese and pepper flakes. (Discard or save remaining bagel crumbs for another use.)
- In a microwave-safe shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Working in batches if needed, cook 7 minutes; turn chicken over. Continue cooking until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 269 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Everything Bagel Chicken Sticks in What Can I Cook In My ...