- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"I have enjoyed this recipe, as written and it was delicious. I have now added my own additions and use hot sausage in place of the beef. I have also used pizza sauce to make it more like pizza and added traditional pizza toppings. Great taste anyway you decide to make it and it is a great recipe for those that are doing keto or low carb diets."
"Made for dinner tonight for my adult son and I!Omgosh, it's so delicious, thank you ,I didn't have mozzarella so I grated string cheeseI used two can tomato sauce and sprinkled with Italian seasoning and garlic powder! YumOh an a dash of sugar, yes sugar about a teaspoon! I omitted the green peppers didn't have any, but sprinkle chopped green onions (scallions) yumI wanted to get seconds, think I'll wait till tomorrow CALORIES LOLGOOD LUCKMUCH ALOHACINDY WILSON"
"Easy to fix and great taste. I used pepperoni instead of ground beef to make more pizzalike. Family would have liked it more if had a firmer crust."
"This was very good and I liked adding nutrition by using zucchini instead of a bread crust."