Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
Had last night for dinner and it was excellent. We are trying to go low carb and this looked great. I made sure the zucchini was well drained and I baked it 25 minutes and the crust was fine. I did leave out the cheddar cheese and added more Parmesan. I also used turkey Italian sausage for more flavor and we don't eat much beef. Topped with it with regular jar spaghetti sauce since that is all I had and yellow peppers, onion, some garlic. So yummy!
This was a great recipe to use up zucchini. I would make this again.
Both my husband and I liked it and my kids loved it! I did add some seasonings to the crust: garlic, Italian seasoning, basil, and oregano.
This wasn't bad, but I thought the green pepper overpowered everything and I like green pepper. I used spaghetti sauce and added some garlic powder and fresh basal to the sauce. I think I will try again, but will put mushrooms and black olives on top and skip the green peppers. Definitely worth making again with some tweaking.
Did you measure the shredded zucchini, before or after you drained it?
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >