Zucchini Crusted Pizza
It's flavorful, nutritious, versatile, easy to prep ahead and freeze, and fun to make with kids—and it quadruples nicely. What's not to like? —Ruth Hartunian-Alumbaugh, Willimantic, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first eight ingredients; transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray. Spread mixture to an 11-in. circle.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13-16 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°. Add toppings. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 219 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Crusted Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.