Zucchini Crusted Pizza
Flavorful, nutritious and versatile, this pizza is easy to prep ahead and freeze—and fun to make with kids. It also quadruples nicely. What's not to like? —Ruth Hartunian-Alumbaugh, Willimantic, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first 8 ingredients; transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray. Spread mixture to an 11-in. circle.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13-16 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°. Add toppings. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 219 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Crusted Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.