- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-in. or 14-in. pizza pan. Spoon beef, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
Crazy Crust Pizza Tips
What other toppings can you put on this crazy crust pizza?
You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings, like pepperoni, sausage and peppers.
What other kinds of pans can you use to make crazy crust pizza?
Aside from a pizza pan, you can use a sheet pan, jelly-roll pan or any high-rimmed pan.
How do you store crazy crust pizza?Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. If your pizza is heavy on the toppings, wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap and stack on top of each other. (Psst! Here's how to store other leftovers.) Once you're ready to enjoy, learn how to reheat pizza so it's as good as day one!
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 slice: 363 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.