- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pecans and apples.
- Transfer to three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Apple Bread
"My Zucchini recipe dosen't call for apples either, but I do put drained crushed pineapple in mine (1/2 cup drained)Doris1407"
"My recipe for zucchini bread doesn't call for apples, but I'm sure you can add them. This weekend I baked up 5 mini loaves for my parents - mom is 81 and just had her 2nd heart attack in 22 years and has been diagnosed diabetic, Dad has been diabetic for a few years now. I totally replaced the oil with unsweetened applesauce and dropped the sugar from 1 1/4 cups to 3/4 cup. It tasted just as good - adding grated apples would make it even sweeter. Using the mini loaves and freezing them gives my parents just enough to eat in a couple of days and they can pull one out of the freezer every couple weeks to a month to have a home baked bread."
"can you bake with splenda when you are diabetic?"