- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with the onions, olives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce around enchiladas if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
I have made this a couple times and it's very good. I usually shred my chicken and then add some chopped onions and a can of green chilies to the chicken. I also use the green enchilada sauce, but that's just personal preference.
Thumbs up from my husband. I did add about half of an envelope of burrito seasoning to the refried beans and 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion to the chicken mixture.. That really gave a nice flavor boost.
My family loved this! I made it with fat free cheddar cheese and reduced fat sour cream so it was healthy as well as delicious. Thank you.
This was REALLY good and creamy. I love chicken so using it to make these was better and I think healthier than beef.
This recipe was super yummy!! I added a few spices to the chicken (as it seems like many others did too) but otherwise followed this recipe exactly. My husband loved it! We will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >