- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 pickled jalapeno slices
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Zesty Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was delicious and easy to make. I made it 2 weeks ago following recipe exactly and am making it again today but using sausage and omitting the potatoes and pasta. Trying to cut down on my carbs. Comfort food and perfect dish for this crazy cold weather. Thank you for this recipe Kelly."
"This was good but it's missing something. I added salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder while cooking the ground beef. I omitted the macaroni and used 4 1/2 cups of V-8 juice and only a 1/2 cup of water. If you use the full 4 cups of water it will turn out way to watery and bland. I think next time I will add a couple of bay leaves while cooking."
"This made a ton of soup. Fortunately it was really good! I really liked it and so did my husband. Kids wouldn't eat it but they are so picky. I hope this freezes well!"
"This is delicious and fairly easy. I did not add the potatoes since it already contained the pasta. Very good--will make again."
"I would cool this all the time if I could! I usually keep the noodles separate and add little to each bowl, so the noodles don't soak up all the soup."