This recipe is great for those very cold winter days or just when you feel like eating soup. I usually serve this with hot garlic bread or hot crusty French bread. —Kelly Milan, Lake Jackson, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat through.
Freeze option: Cool soup and transfer to freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Zesty Hamburger Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p15
Reviews for Zesty Hamburger Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review