Yogurt Corn Bread
My husband doesn't like traditional Texas corn bread, so I came up with this recipe. This is the only kind he'll eat. Yogurt makes this variation different from most. Amanda Andrews of Mansfield, Texas
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the egg, yogurt, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Pour into an 8-in. square baking
- dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes
- or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.