- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or a 9-in.-square baking pan. Cover with apples.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick and clear. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Winning Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"I thought it was amazing and will definitely make it again. I cut the whole recipe in half because I made it for just two people. I will probably cut back on some of the sugar also."
"This was an awesome apple crisp, followed suggestions and cut both sugars in half. Loved the bottom crust !"
"Even though I gave this recipe 5 stars, I think there is WAY too much sweetness with 2 cups of sugars. Fantastic recipe and this is definitely a keeper. I will just decrease the amount of both white and brown sugar the next time!"
"Everyone enjoyed this Apple Crisp. I diced the apple smaller then normal. Going to add peaches next time."
"I would recommend cooking it an additional 20-25 minutes. I really liked my apples soft like apple pie and the topping more caramelized. It was fantastic!"