Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
- Turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Remove liver from giblets if desired. Place giblets and water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to the rice. Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Wild Rice Stuffing
Sort By :
Do not bake too long--tends to be dry.
Always get rave reviews with this side dish at our Thanksgiving table (made without the giblets). Even people that don't like stuffing go back for seconds with this recipe.
This was easy and delicious. Next time I think I will add more bread cubes...
I skip the first step with the turkey giblets. I do not use them at all. The recipe is very easy to make and tastes very good. I probably make it 4 times a year with or without turkey as the main course. For Thanksgiving, I usually make it with Herbed Turkey Breast, another great recipe from Taste of Home.
To suit our tastes, I skip the first part with the giblets and cube 3/4 of a loaf of white bread instead of the crushed seasoned stuffing. In my opinion, there is enough salt with the broth and long grain and wild rice mix.