White Beans and Veggies with Couscous Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Serve with bean mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for White Beans and Veggies with Couscous(3)
Sort By :
This was very flavorful and easy. I also added some cooked chicken breast to it to bulk it up a bit for my husband and son, but it would be delicious either way. Will add this to the dinner rotation for sure!
This is very good and easy to make! I used packaged basil flavor pearled couscous, which added even more "wow" factor to this quick recipe.
This is one of the few vegan recipes that I will share with my husband, who recently switched for health reasons. I eliminated the butter in the couscous to lower fat as well. This is a regular good-tasting dish, unlike many others.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >