- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and jalapeno; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin; cook 1 minute longer or until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of beans; add 1/2 cup broth and stir until blended. Add to the slow cooker with the remaining beans and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for White Bean Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"Very good. It was a bit runny and I will probably mash another can of beans for thickening and maybe add a can of chopped green chiles next time. All in all we loved it."
"The consistency is much too loose to be considered "chili." Will add cornstarch in order to thicken next time."
"Awesome, the only change I made was to add a small can of diced green chilies."
"I have made this over and over. I absolutely love it and follow the recipe or double. It's amazingly good ! I do use a Rotisserie Chicken a lot of the time, either way it is DELISH and always a hit."
"Very good. I also added cornstarch and water the last 30 minutes to thicken."