White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and jalapeno; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin; cook 1 minute longer or until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of beans; add 1/2 cup broth and stir until blended. Add to the slow cooker with the remaining beans and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for White Bean Chicken Chili
Sort By :
This has great flavor but "chili" is misleading. It is more like a soup with a chili flavor. I did add a second can of beans mashed to give it a bit more thickness and my son and I like a little more heat so, I used all of the jalepeno pepper, seeds and all. Very tasty and nice for a cold night.
I doubled it to fit better in my 5 quart slow cooker. Yum!
This was more of a soup to me. Maybe I will try again with an extra can of beans mashed to thicken. Needs a little more something. But, it is a great base to start with and make your own.
I love this! Made a big batch and am going to take it for lunch all week! Healthy, yummy, and you can control the spice.
delicious and simple