Whipped Squash Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring squash, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt if desired to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Drain; transfer to a bowl. Add butter, brown sugar, nutmeg and remaining salt if desired; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Whipped Squash(3)
Sort By :
Good! I used another reviewers recommendation and used cinnamon instead of salt! (although my DH did think they were sweet potatoes and said hmmm...these don't taste like what you made a few weeks ago! I had to let him know it was squash not potatoes LOL).
this recipe for butternut squash was delic!
the only thing i had done to put more taste into it was cinnamon since i didnt use salt. but besides that it was creamy and m m good!
This had very good flavor. I loved the nutmeg and it paired well with a little pepper and salt. I added a little chicken broth to make it a little creamier. The family loved this
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >